Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Zacchaeus and Me

In the past I have rubbed many people the wrong way. I can come off as brash and extremely opinionated. I dont mean to be this way. I want to be liked, but I also know what I believe, I want what is best for my family and I wish more families and individuals cared about what is best for them.

I was reading Boy his Bible story out of The Jesus Storybook Bible (he loves that book we have read it 4 times and are half way done again), and Zacchaeus' story hit a certain note in me. If you dont know the story here is a quick overview:
Zacchaeus was a wee little man

Zacchaeus was a wee little man, and a wee little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see.
And as the Savior passed him by, He looked up in the tree,
And he said, "Zacchaeus, you come down from there;
For I'm going to your house today, for I'm going to your house today"

Zacchaeus came down from that tree, as happy as he could be,
He gave his money to the poor, and said: "What a better man I'll be."



He was a tax collector but he collected much more than he was supposed to and kept the rest to make himself rich. Jesus was kind to him and Z repented and gave back 4x what he took.


This is a story of true repentance. I am sure Z had a couple set backs and at times had a temptation to take, he may have done it, but he probably kept going and giving back. 


So to the people I have hurt in the past. I am truly sorry, I have realized my wrong doings and I understand if you still dislike me. Just understand that I am human, I know I am not better than anyone, and I still have my opinions on certain matters (which I do share here) but it does not mean I think you are dumb or cruel for not agreeing. 


I like how Boys book talks about Jesus' forgiveness. 


"Jesus loved Zacchaeus when nobody else did.
 He was Zaccaeus' friend, even when nobody else was.
 Because Jesus was showing people what God's love was like ~ 
His wonderful, 
Never Stopping, 
Never Giving Up,
Unbreaking,
Always and Forever Love"


I am so thankful for that love. I am also truly thankful for my husband who has endured my attitude with a love like Jesus. He is a great man and I am SO blessed to have him. We have our faults but we stick togther and love eachother through it all. Thank you Dustin!




No comments:

Tickers!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers